Thursday 3 November 2016

official monologue (script)


"gender neutrality is a form of a escapism from all gender discrimination/expectation"


(negative) imprisoned, minority, forced, isolated, expectation, normal, different, construct, binary
(positive) liberated, comfortable, embraced, choice, empowered, community



What is the gender? is the first thing people want to know.

Before we even see the light of day, before we have any concept of life itself, we are grouped placed into boxes.

People are not born with the freedom we're led to believe, our freedom to be who we are. Something as simple as colour seems to have society define me already.

 The way in which I walk or talk or play with toys.

I am a prisoner in my own body, my expression is frowned upon, discriminated in one way or another. 

  school, changing rooms and toilet are uncomfortable.

bullying, loneliness and isolation leads to depression.

The Fear getting bigger and bigger.

I lose faith in myself, in humanity.


Why do we limit ourselves and throw away the horizons we want to reach just to simply fit into a system, a box.

No comments:

Post a Comment